Monday, January 14, 2013

Cherry Fluff Squares

So I was going to make the handmade marshmallows off of pinterest today and I almost suceeded.  However after adding the 1/4 cup of splenda into my gelatin mixture and then tasting that mixture it was so horrible I dumped out the concoction and decided to use sugar-free jello instead.  Well this is what it made.  Nothing like a marshmallow but tastes pretty darn good.  I think next time I will add an additional packet of plain gelatin to see if I can get a more dense product in the end.


 
 
Ingedients:
1 cup water
1 (.3oz) box sugar free jello (I used cherry)
3 egg whites
 
Boil water.  Remove from heat and whisk in jello.  Let cool to the touch (about 10 minutes).  Whip egg whites until soft peaks form.  Slowly stream in jello mixture until mixed well.  Add to 8 x 8 pan and refrigerate until set (about an hour or so).  Cut into squares and eat.
 

 
 
Fluff added to pan

 
Fluff spread out in pan
 
Ready to eat
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment