Sunday, January 20, 2013

Oatmeal Cookie Dough in the Raw - Guilt Free

 
 
 
So who doesn't want to sit down and eat cookie dough.  I for one want to eat cookie dough at every meal.  I came across an interesting recipe on the internet the other day and thought okay this is too good to be true.  Diet cookie dough that is good for you. Hmmm we will see.  Boy was I happy I wasn't afraid to give it a try.  I modified the recipe a bit because the original included fattening nut butters and I am all about calorie count. I also wanted to try out a new sugar I came across that is all natural and made of chicory root, orange peels and vitamin C.  It is called Just Like Sugar.  I can't find it in stores (maybe Whole Foods) but you can get some off the internet.  I believe this sugar will replace my Stevia in the Raw and Splenda Granulated as a healthy fiber filled alternative. 
 
Did you know Splenda Granulated or Splenda Brown Sugar while they say is calorie free actually has about 5 calories a tsp?  That is 15 calories a Tbsp or 60 calories a 1/4 cup or 240 calories a cup.  Wow.  This new sugar has nothing nada not a one.  I read an artical that you would have to eat 5 lbs of this stuff to get 5 calories.
 
I have made the recipe with both small white beans and chickpeas and have to say I give the taste edge to the small white bean but both are good.
 
Oh and don't try and bake this.  I'm thinking it might be a disaster.  This is meant to be eaten off the spoon.  I am thinking I might try freezing balls of dough next time.  I will update you on the success or failure of that experiment.
 
 I want to give credit for the orignal recipe.  This girl is pretty brilliant.  See original recipe link at the end.
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
Oatmeal Cookie Dough In The Raw 

1 14.5 ounce can small white beans or chickpeas (350 calories)
1/2  to 3/4 cup quick Quaker oats (150 calories for ½ cup)
4 oz unsweetened apple sauce (50 calories)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup  to 3/4  cup Just Like Sugar Brown  (0 Calories) Or Sweetener of your choice
2 Tblsp to 1/4 cup Torani sugar free vanilla syrup
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 or 2 ounces raisins (90 calories for 1 ounce) 

Whirl up all the ingredients except the oats and raisins in a food processor.  Stir in oats and raisins.

Optionally add some cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa.






No comments:

Post a Comment